Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 August, 2017, 20:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
159880 Posts in 18132 Topics by 11195 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Can any L200 Owners Club member who moves house or changes their Email address make sure they let us know - so we can keep our records up-to-date
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Stolen L200's & Parts
| | | |-+  Almost stolen car
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Almost stolen car  (Read 12130 times)
Manraj
Owners Club member

Membership number: 2255- Hinckley, Leicestershire

« on: 10 June, 2011, 00:21:49 AM »

Hi Guys

Just had my dog barking at the front door, looked outside and there was a couple of guys around my brothers Pug 106 with torches, so we quickly ran outside with the dog and  hockey stick  Tongue and they got into their car and drove off...I got the reg number of the car they got in Y369 YLA...is anyone able to give any info to me with that number plate?

We called the police and they said they would send out a patrol car to look around

Thanks

Raj

2009 Black Manual Trojan with 30,000miles rolling on 15x8 steels wrapped with Hankook MT's, K&N filter, Ralliart Snorkel, Alpha canopy, DT Custom winch bumper

Pictures

To Do list:                 
1. Winch
2. Ultimate Suspension

My Truck Blog
adriandiesel (chabal)

« Reply #1 on: 10 June, 2011, 00:50:24 AM »

typed that reg into carcraft tradein site said no details found for this vehicle so probably false plates Smiley

55 plate black animal storm decat general grabber at2s 77000 miles remember a gun is always loaded a horse always kicks  living in cambs could be working/posting anywhere in UK
Manraj
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 10 June, 2011, 00:53:53 AM »

Cheers for looking matey really appreciate it

2009 Black Manual Trojan with 30,000miles rolling on 15x8 steels wrapped with Hankook MT's, K&N filter, Ralliart Snorkel, Alpha canopy, DT Custom winch bumper

Pictures

To Do list:                 
1. Winch
2. Ultimate Suspension

My Truck Blog
treeboa
Owners Club member

north east, county durham way

« Reply #3 on: 10 June, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »

pull a couple of your vac pipes off when you park up for a week or so, wont stop it getting pinched but they wont get far before dumping it

try seven up, snow white recomends it Wink
Black 2005 Warrior, now 105.500, thats over 50k on 100% veg
latest mods an apollo filter and a pop up top, nice new stainless de cat pipe, replaced btm pully @92k, egr blanked
nickburt
European Wanderer
Global Moderator & Charity Fundraiser

Where will the Pheonix take us next?

« Reply #4 on: 10 June, 2011, 18:16:57 PM »

Several vehicle check sites I use all came up with "no details available" and DVLA can't find it either.

Black 2004 Warrior. Gallery

Entry No ?? in the 2017 Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
To sponsor Team L200: Donate to Macmillan TBA
wurrier
Owners Club member

« Reply #5 on: 10 June, 2011, 22:50:49 PM »

One of my instructors at college (1971!!!!) had a Austin Vandenplas and they were always trying to nick it so he drilled a hole in the clutch pedal and put a barbed type spike below the hole,
he returned to it in a Newcastle Car park to find a very pale looking youth slumped in the seat. fortunately he was not dead but it did create an awful lot of paper work. I wonder what would be said if you did that now?

Wurrier
Greigboy
« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2011, 00:01:36 AM »

B@stards, my mates dad owned a tyre garage which was broken into several times over a six month period always through the roof at the same spot, he lost patience in the end and placed a large cardboard box full of broken glass under the spot.

Several weeks later he arrived to find the roller shutter up a few feet and a large red stripe from the shutter across the garage floor to the cardboard box in the office which was full of claret and had a hole in the roof directly above it Grin Grin

Needless to say there has been no such event since  Wink Wink
Manraj
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 11 June, 2011, 00:10:27 AM »

Cheers for the advice & vehicle cheks lads, just got myself a new cctv system from maplins 199 for 2 weatherproof cameras and a 250gb recorder, going to install that tomorrow

Pictures

To Do list:                 
1. Winch
2. Ultimate Suspension

My Truck Blog
treeboa
Owners Club member

north east, county durham way

« Reply #8 on: 11 June, 2011, 01:19:02 AM »

nowt beats these home built security systems  Grin Grin

try seven up, snow white recomends it Wink
Black 2005 Warrior, now 105.500, thats over 50k on 100% veg
latest mods an apollo filter and a pop up top, nice new stainless de cat pipe, replaced btm pully @92k, egr blanked
wurrier
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 11 June, 2011, 23:43:56 PM »

i know this aint strictly politically correct but one of my ex customers from the Plant Hire world heard some thing on his gravel drive one night and could see someone crouched behind his Isuzu Trooper (going in through the back doors was apparently the prefered route) so he fired his 12 bore from the upstairs window at the drive way just short of where the bloke was crouching, he absolutely covered the back of his trooper with stone chips except for one bit where you could clearly see the shape of the top half of someone in the crouching position .
He did not get a return visit but it cost i a fortune to have the motor re sprayed.

Wurrier
njinstallation
Owners Club member

« Reply #10 on: 13 June, 2011, 19:43:55 PM »

Cheers for the advice & vehicle cheks lads, just got myself a new cctv system from maplins 199 for 2 weatherproof cameras and a 250gb recorder, going to install that tomorrow

hi manraj i could of got you a half decent camera system with dial in from mobile (better than maplins)

2006 trojan classic, 58000 miles
wurrier
Owners Club member

« Reply #11 on: 13 June, 2011, 21:19:10 PM »

hi manraj i could of got you a half decent camera system with dial in from mobile (better than maplins)

How does the above work please? it sounds like a good idea

Wurrier
Lez
Owners Club member

2000, double cab 100,000 miles and still going

« Reply #12 on: 13 June, 2011, 21:23:19 PM »

I'd like the info too please..
Lez.

2000, double cab with electrical & electronic Mods
ltrend@blueyonder.co.uk
Truck Norris
Owners Club member

« Reply #13 on: 13 June, 2011, 21:31:03 PM »

Another idea is to get a good quality webcam and use skype to record video. It's a cheap and cheerful way to do it, but in the short run something to think about.

Black 52 plate Double Cab Warrior 80k
njinstallation
Owners Club member

« Reply #14 on: 13 June, 2011, 21:44:49 PM »

just wire the dvr into to your home router , set up a dyndns account and you can view on phone, iphone,blackberry
i will get trade prices tomo for dvr and couple of cameras.

if anyone wants i will put a test site up for you to view, or mail me and i will pm you details

2006 trojan classic, 58000 miles
wurrier
Owners Club member

« Reply #15 on: 28 June, 2011, 20:18:37 PM »

Not sure how to PM  u NJ if you have the know how to send me info i would appreciate it please.

Wurrier
wurrier
Owners Club member

« Reply #16 on: 28 June, 2011, 20:23:54 PM »

Not sure how to PM  u NJ if you have the know how to send me info i would appreciate it please.

Wurrier

Sussed it PM sent  Grin
jimmythesaint
Owners Club member

« Reply #17 on: 29 January, 2012, 19:02:19 PM »

One of my instructors at college (1971!!!!) had a Austin Vandenplas and they were always trying to nick it so he drilled a hole in the clutch pedal and put a barbed type spike below the hole,
he returned to it in a Newcastle Car park to find a very pale looking youth slumped in the seat. fortunately he was not dead but it did create an awful lot of paper work. I wonder what would be said if you did that now?

Wurrier

^^ Got to giggle

Ref NJ and the mobile CCTV set up, how far did you get with your pricing etc? Cheers

2006 Animal Double Cab New Shape Manual {Power loss issues n black exhaust escape smoke!}
Some spurious no make canopy costing me blood sweat and pound notes to get right
16' Black steels with GG AT2s
Husky & Scooter Rig
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: