L200 Forum  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
30 July, 2014, 16:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
132113 Posts in 14050 Topics by 8145 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Can any L200 Owners Club member who moves house or changes their Email address make sure they let us know - so we can keep our records up-to-date
Home L200 Forum Click here to view Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise Forum Forum Login Register Links Page email
Want to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club sponsor Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  engine sharing.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: engine sharing.  (Read 1993 times)
farmerdavidswarrior

« on: 30 November, 2011, 21:11:56 PM »

Hello all, its been a while since ive been on, much has changed, i got rid of the warrior having got sick of the never ending repair bill and with the truck still not running right at the end, ive been out and replaced it with a 2005 Ford Ranger Thunder which i actually prefer however it has started knocking, i have been told that they are a mitsubishi engine?? i have also been told its the big ends as its a common problem, it has a mitsubishi alternator and powersteering pump however i cant find anything on the block or head, i wondered if anbody knew if this was right?? also if anybody knew what a common mitsubishi knocking problem was as that was about the only thing my warrior didnt do wrong!!!!!! thanks in advance!!!!!!
BANGERSTOX10
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2011, 21:22:53 PM »

It's a MAZDA engine !! Check your glow plugs as they have a habit of loosing there tips which embed in the pistons normally due to glow plug relay sticking on. Personally i prefer my other halfs Ford Ranger to my L200

L200 WARRIOR 2005 K74 FRT AND REAR TOWBARS POLYBUSHED MIDLAND CB RADIO SE4X4R MEMBER
CANTERBURY
rooferman
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2011, 11:46:50 AM »

I had a knocking engine on my Warrior, the mechanic thought it might be diesel knock caused by a dodgy injector,anyway to cut a long story short it turned out to be a broken crankshaft main bearing cap bolt, the crankshaft was destroyed and now i have a new engine.
fatboy
Owners Club member

Basildon, Essex

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2011, 16:21:08 PM »

I had a knocking noise coming from the engine the other week. Thought the worst Cry, big end failure, cam shaft failure or something else along them lines. Turned out to be the balance belt had snapped and the crank shaft had jumped one tooth. Replaced the belt, reset the timing and all was well Grin. So new belts, pulley, tensioners and a few other bits ordered, now just waiting for postman pat to deliver all my stuff. So I would take the cam belt top cover off and have a look first.

black over silver 53 plate animal
mountain top
3" chrome roll bar with 4x 8" spots, Now with led side lights
over rider on front bumper with more spots
decat fitted
Osram night breakers
EGR valve gone!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: