L200 Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
29 November, 2014, 05:59:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
137090 Posts in 14678 Topics by 8499 Members
www.L200.org.uk
The L200 Owners Club joining fee is a one-off 15. Paypal is available (Send funds to chris@L200.org.uk).
Home L200 Forum Click here to view Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise Forum Forum Login Register Links Page email
Want to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Seat belt alarm fault
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Seat belt alarm fault  (Read 4293 times)
twoshoes

« on: 27 February, 2013, 17:33:56 PM »

Hiya all. I have a '11 warrior and this little annoying fault has cropped up. After driving a few miles the seat belt warning light comes on and the 'chime' sounds. Its intermittent, it comes, it goes. Is there a way to disable the warning system or any ideas for a permanent fix. Its still under warranty, but a 200 mile round trip to the dealer in Inverness. With it being an intermittent fault, I don't want to go all that way and the garage cant fault it.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

JD
billymadbiker
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2013, 20:10:07 PM »

I would get it back under warranty as it's part of the airbag system and messing with it could set the light off which is an mot fail now (plus your airbags won't work in a crash)
twoshoes

« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2013, 11:59:27 AM »

Oh well. I'll just put up with it for a month, that's the next time I'm scheduled to be remotely near the dealership. This fancy kit is alright, but a pain when your out in the sticks and it goes wrong.

JD
Wicksy
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »

Is it all the time even when you have a front seat passenger?

If not, are you using the passenger seat for a bag/coat/other bits and pieces?

My Mondeo use to do that if I slung my laptop bag on there in a hurry, the seat sensor was assuming it was occupied by a person so was setting off the seatbelt warning, but it would come and go depending on exactly where the bag was lying.

Have you tried fastening the passenger seatbelt even if there's no passenger? Just a thought...

2011 Barbarian, Black, Mitsi Bedliner and Utility Plus Top
265/70/R17 BFG All Terrains - The tyres it always needed!
No further upgrades...yet...
twoshoes

« Reply #4 on: 28 February, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »

No its not on all the time, can go for a hour, even a few days, then for no reason the belt alarm comes on.

It makes no odds with or without front passenger, I have double checked that with passenger their belt is fastened correctly and when solo, nothing on the seat.

You last point I have not tried, so will try the pax belt fastened without passenger, see what happens.

JD
twoshoes

« Reply #5 on: 01 March, 2013, 09:06:14 AM »

Tried the passenger belt fastened with no passenger. Sadly, no Joy.  Sad
Wicksy
Owners Club member

« Reply #6 on: 01 March, 2013, 14:47:52 PM »

I tried unfastening my seatbelt (passenger side) while moving last night and i now suspect they don't have a seat sensor at all - no warning sound or light on the dash. I think the sensor must just be on the drivers side front seatbelt catch. Intermittent fault makes it sound like a bad electrical connection?

2011 Barbarian, Black, Mitsi Bedliner and Utility Plus Top
265/70/R17 BFG All Terrains - The tyres it always needed!
No further upgrades...yet...
bootsie
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 01 March, 2013, 22:38:35 PM »

Be careful messing with that, they have seat belt pre tensioners fitted, they can explode, enough to take your hand off if you catch it wrong, they also remain live for a few minites after ignition is turned off. Its really a job for experienced guy or main dealer to mess with them.

5/06 new shape warrior from new 60k, leather interior, air con, pegasus canopy, plastic sliding bed,towbar,Avenger A bar, camera,sensors,cruise control and few bits of bling.daily use as car that carries everything. including building supplies and bike trailer.
twoshoes

« Reply #8 on: 11 January, 2014, 10:03:58 AM »

R6gaz

Gary, I cant respond to your DM, as I've been a bit of a tight wad. The dealer thinks its a loose wire in the seat. I raised the height of the seat a little, and the problem went away. I've still to fix it permanently. Up until your DM I had forgotten all about it!. The dealer has had a few of these on new vehicles, and each one has had the drivers seat replaced.

John
R6gaz
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 11 January, 2014, 19:27:06 PM »

Hi John

Thanks for the reply. Mine is still under warranty but like you said with it being an intermittent fault its just going to be a nightmare to get it to the dealers while it is doing it.
At first i thought it was the passenger seat as it only seemed to do it when i had a passenger in but yesterday when it started doing it i pushed my seat in with my hand where the sensor is and it seemed to stop so now i think it is the drivers seat.
Is it the drivers seat in yours?

Gaz

2011 Mitsubishi L200 Warrior
Sport back
Vortex exhaust system
265/70/17 BFG AT'S
Outback roof console
R6gaz
Owners Club member

« Reply #10 on: 12 January, 2014, 18:29:04 PM »

Hi Guys

I have had a good look around the Truck today and had all the centre console out and the side of the seats apart to see if i could see anything going on and turns out the drivers seat doesn't
have a pressure sensor on it just the seat belt buckle that tells it the belt is fastened . The passenger seat does have a sensor though but everything looks fine to me no wire breaks etc anyhow.

Back to square one it would seem

Sport back
Vortex exhaust system
265/70/17 BFG AT'S
Outback roof console
R6gaz
Owners Club member

« Reply #11 on: 14 January, 2014, 17:13:59 PM »

Bit of an update in case anyone else is having this problem.
I seem to have found the solution from looking at all the parts involved over the weekend and not really finding any faults i sprayed some wd40 into the seat belt clasps and holding the press release button in i inserted the buckle repeatedly around 30ish times to try and clean out the clasps and it seems to have worked as it hasn't done it since.
There was quite a lot of gunk that came out of the drivers seat clasp especially so it looks like its just dirty contacts within the clasp.

hopefully this has solved the problem and quite an easy fix . Just hope it doesn't come back.

Gary

Sport back
Vortex exhaust system
265/70/17 BFG AT'S
Outback roof console
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: