Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 November, 2017, 23:20:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
160235 Posts in 18221 Topics by 11312 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Members of Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club get access to more areas of the forum e.g. Owners Club Discounts, Owners Club Events, Dealerships and Servicing-DIY & Main Dealer, Not Quite Right.., Polls, Insurance, Wanted, For Sale, Accessories, Technical.
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Stolen L200's & Parts
| | | |-+  bloody cat stolen- Moreton in marsh
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bloody cat stolen- Moreton in marsh  (Read 6803 times)
jezza_d
Owners Club member

« on: 01 October, 2014, 07:05:17 AM »

After a weekend away went to drive the truck to work  and it sounded strange. Looked underneath and some thieving scrote had cut my cat off damaging the pipes either side.
The truck is now having repairs at a cost of 480, decat ordered as well so that when I get it back the cats coming off and only going back on for MOT's if required......should be easier to put on as its new system.

Oh its also funny that a certain scrapman of sorts was about earlier the  day before we went away , call me cynical.

2004 Warrior.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #1 on: 01 October, 2014, 15:24:31 PM »

another reason to fit a decat initially, alot of money to fix the bodged pipes

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
BANGERSTOX10
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 01 October, 2014, 18:51:22 PM »

Put a stainless steel exhaust on it from toyo sport sorted then no more troubles.

L200 WARRIOR 2005 K74 FRT AND REAR TOWBARS POLYBUSHED MIDLAND CB RADIO SE4X4R MEMBER
CANTERBURY
LURCH.ST3
Regional Reps

lurch from stoke

« Reply #3 on: 01 October, 2014, 19:12:06 PM »

If its a classic shape just put a sleeve over to join the two ends up job done  Wink

Shouldn't be to expensive to do  Grin

WHAT EVER I SAY OR DO IS MY DOING & NOT THE L200 OWNERS CLUB  (MY OPINOIN ONLY ) LOCATED IN STOKE-ON TRENT
2001 4life

TRUCK INFO
http://www.l200.org.uk/community/index.php?topic=26663.0
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 01 October, 2014, 22:54:44 PM »

Call me naive but how do the thieving so and so's cut the things off without anybody hearing what's going on? I've heard that they use plasma cutters but where do they get the power for them from?

I'm not over the hill. I'm still trying to get up it!
dgjeynes
Owners Club member

« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2014, 23:37:32 PM »

They use exhaust cutters like I big pipe cutter

53 Plate L200 Classic 4Life Blue over Silver
86700 when i got it 92500 now
Roll Bar
Bull bar with spots
2" body lift
Snorkel
Homemade roof rack with lots of led lights and a beacon
Fully straight through stainless exhaust with de-cat
To do - tweak torsion bars
BANGERSTOX10
Owners Club member

« Reply #6 on: 02 October, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »

They use a chain cutter it has a set of cutting wheels in an adjustable chain. Just wrap it around and move to & through job done off in a few moves of your arm  Shocked Just put exhaust cutter into ebay and you will see the offending item.  Grin Grin

L200 WARRIOR 2005 K74 FRT AND REAR TOWBARS POLYBUSHED MIDLAND CB RADIO SE4X4R MEMBER
CANTERBURY
Penno
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 02 October, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »

Full Cybox stainless exhaust only 350.

55 plate Black Animal, Classic shape, Cybox full exhaust including decat EGR removed, K&N replacement filter, BF Goodrich AT 265/75 16 tyres, AVM Manual Hubs. Barrow in Furness, Cumbria.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #8 on: 02 October, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »

Take it to a decent garage they will weld it up for way less..

Or another member

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 02 October, 2014, 21:22:27 PM »

some 2.5" tube and a welder job done any garage under 50 diy for less than half that

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
jezza_d
Owners Club member

« Reply #10 on: 03 October, 2014, 21:22:27 PM »

All done decat fitted, apparently they were pretty busy the weekend as 1/2 a dozen cars got hit in our village and even more in neighbouring areas.

2004 Warrior.
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #11 on: 03 October, 2014, 22:46:25 PM »

They use a chain cutter it has a set of cutting wheels in an adjustable chain. Just wrap it around and move to & through job done off in a few moves of your arm  Shocked Just put exhaust cutter into ebay and you will see the offending item.  Grin Grin

Oh-roger that- I've used a huge version of those years ago on industrial piping - didn't know they did smaller ones to fit exhausts!

I'm not over the hill. I'm still trying to get up it!
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #12 on: 04 October, 2014, 18:06:03 PM »

Oh-roger that- I've used a huge version of those years ago on industrial piping - didn't know they did smaller ones to nick* exhausts!

chaldon3
Owners Club member

« Reply #13 on: 04 October, 2014, 19:26:21 PM »

after fitting decat pipe from ebay, i noticed the truck was a little bit more responsive. after the egr removal i did not notice any difference.
my friend fitted a cybox  to his 2005 warrior and we could feel that the truck had a little bit more acceleration plus it sounded in a strange way  a bit more (sweeter)
like a new engine. just sounded right if that make sense.

l200 challenger.                                                                                                         before you embark on a journey of revenge make sure you dig two graves,  CONFUCIUS.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: