Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum   KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
23 November, 2017, 23:54:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
160243 Posts in 18222 Topics by 11316 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Can any L200 Owners Club member who moves house or changes their Email address make sure they let us know - so we can keep our records up-to-date
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  2014 Barbarian issues
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 Barbarian issues  (Read 2357 times)
Paul Jenks

« on: 01 November, 2015, 17:39:09 PM »

I've got a 2014 barbarian, as the subject title suggests. Got it 18 months ago and have done >65k miles in it. About 20-25k ago the fuels economy went down markedly and so did the power. Have taken it back to the initial dealer, who were less than helpful, and to another, respected dealer, who were more helpful, but still didn't solve the issue. I can get it sorted privately though am keen to get it put right under warranty,(100k).
I'm not a mechanic though do understand some of the internal workings of modern engines.

Ideas?  Smiley
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2015, 20:33:53 PM »

DPF problem?

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
bootsie
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2015, 20:49:00 PM »

Could be inlet manifold blocking up from EGR.

5/06 new shape warrior from new 60k, leather interior, air con, pegasus canopy, plastic sliding bed,towbar,Avenger A bar, camera,sensors,cruise control and few bits of bling.daily use as car that carries everything. including building supplies and bike trailer.
Paul Jenks

« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2015, 19:19:08 PM »

The last garage rebuilt the EGR as they felt it was that causing the issues. No change, just haven't had time to take it back. My local garage has unplugged the towing lights and feels that the original supplier hasn't fitted the special gubbins in line and this is upsetting the engine management. I've had the on board computer replaced once and the new one still crashes from time to time. Now got an EGL on so will try to get it remapped again and see if this sorts the problem.
Then I'll have to get the supplier to sort the tow bar lights
nickburt
European Wanderer
Global Moderator & Charity Fundraiser

Where will the Pheonix take us next?

« Reply #4 on: 02 November, 2015, 20:34:43 PM »

Time to speak to Mitsubishi in Cirencester I think.  If you mess with it outside of warranty, then all warranty may be invalidated.

Or, take back to the dealer you bought it from with a threat of Trading Standards and the Sale of Goods Act.   Either fix it, or replace it.

Black 2004 Warrior. Gallery

Entry No ?? in the 2017 Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
To sponsor Team L200: Donate to Macmillan TBA
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: