Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 November, 2017, 06:34:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
160233 Posts in 18221 Topics by 11312 Members
www.L200.org.uk
L200 Owners Club Members, please make sure we know your Forum/User name - This will allow us to grant you full access to  this forum
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  Back again
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back again  (Read 2415 times)
Fuzrat
Owners Club member

« on: 08 November, 2015, 19:58:04 PM »

Couldn't keep away from having a truck so been and bought what used to be called a "p r a m" on here  Grin Grin 55 plate new shape elegance auto in blue. I'm assuming it is one of the first off the line. How things have changed, sat nav screen, electric heated seat, roof mounted DVD player for the back. Thought I had got into a Range Rover by mistake LOL

Couple of Q's Just tried to tax it and it comes up 225 per year, I looked it up and as it was registered before 31 Dec 2006 and is a Euro 4 compliant engine (from everything I have read, please correct me if not) it should only be 140. Any one in the same boat had experience with this?

I have found a black box with some wires coming out of it mounted to the battery tray. Is this the fabled ralliart power upgrade box?
Thanks in advance and a pic of the new baby below.

New shape Elegance auto in Reef Blue
Kappa......
Regional Reps

Memb No:1618 Wrexham North Wales 07857405785

« Reply #1 on: 08 November, 2015, 20:26:15 PM »

Welcome back.. I'd say 225 is about right .. But. Own a 05 plate classic...

04 Warrior. With lots of mods..( was a monster)
05 black/silver 4life
 winch bumper, snorkel, new rear springs,7" BTV suspension kit,35" tyres on deep dish rims, upgrade speakers. Braided brakelines,
Still to do...recovery back bumper, an find some lights when I get more cash...

L200's get under ur skin an you will bleed for them.. !!!!!!!
Entering Macmillan 4x4 challenge 2015
https://www.justgiving.com/Allan-Capper/
g6wgz
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 08 November, 2015, 22:33:42 PM »

euro4 you would have to read the dvla site for rules,, as for the black box yes its a ralliart power upgrade of sorts, should be two boxs

animal 57 128k
And a Wife :-p
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #3 on: 08 November, 2015, 22:51:52 PM »

commercial vehicle tax?

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
Fuzrat
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 09 November, 2015, 21:52:40 PM »

Checked the tables on the dvla site and it should be 140. Rang dvla, said send V5 with a covering letter and they will assess it. I asked how they could have missed it and woman said "it will be whoever first registered it ticking the wrong box" bet a weeks wages if the wrong box was ticked the other way they would have picked it straight away!!!! As I havent got the V5 yet I had to tax it at the rate they say and if my claim is upheld they will rebate a whole calendar month, generous of them  Shocked Will keep the forum updated as this must be rife!

Thanks g6wgz, where would the second box be located? not the sort of thing I like to tinker with but useful to know where and what stuff is  Smiley

New shape Elegance auto in Reef Blue
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: