Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 August, 2017, 18:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
159879 Posts in 18131 Topics by 11195 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Please give consideration to joining the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club - depth of numbers gives us credibility and helps us to find discounts.
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  Hi all looking for a little info on my 2003 l200 that's not running well at all
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi all looking for a little info on my 2003 l200 that's not running well at all  (Read 7232 times)
nickburt
European Wanderer
Global Moderator & Charity Fundraiser

Where will the Pheonix take us next?

« Reply #40 on: 08 December, 2015, 21:29:33 PM »

Think I'd rather remove it than risk it being forced shut unwanted.

Black 2004 Warrior. Gallery

Entry No ?? in the 2017 Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
To sponsor Team L200: Donate to Macmillan TBA
nickburt
European Wanderer

« Reply #41 on: 08 December, 2015, 21:35:17 PM »

......................... anything to look out for or needed when removing the buterfly

Nope, not really.  Remove carefully to avoid damage to gaskets - some are normal gaskets, some have the metal crush gaskets.  You can either remove the butterfly from the sindle and leave the spindle in place, or remove the lot and plug the spindle bush holes, which are often the source of "oil leaks".  If you leave the spindle in place, force some Hylomar, or similar, into the bushes (from the inside of the bdy) to help seal them up.

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #42 on: 08 December, 2015, 21:37:24 PM »

it looks like a normal gasket to me  might take the spindle out too then what did u plug it with a self tapper?

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
nickburt
European Wanderer

« Reply #43 on: 08 December, 2015, 21:38:43 PM »

it looks like a normal gasket to me  might take the spindle out too then what did u plug it with a self tapper?

Used some ali rod I had and made some tapered plugs that knocked in.

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #44 on: 08 December, 2015, 21:45:29 PM »

throttle body is alli is it not?  ill have to see what i have in the garage sure there will be something suitable

2005 4 Life
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
nickburt
European Wanderer

« Reply #45 on: 08 December, 2015, 22:20:30 PM »

throttle body is alli is it not?  ill have to see what i have in the garage sure there will be something suitable

It is.  Prety much anything that you can knock tightly in will do.

Gfish

« Reply #46 on: 08 December, 2015, 22:30:19 PM »

No worries chef I will have to have a look fingers crossed and thanks to all that have commented on this post ur input is much appreciated thank you
Gfish

« Reply #47 on: 08 December, 2015, 23:06:23 PM »

No worries chef I'm grateful for all who have responded thank you all I'll be looking into it all asap
Gfish

« Reply #48 on: 10 December, 2015, 20:13:45 PM »

Turns out it was my crank sensor, discerneted it an it runs fine😀 No Rev counter tho I can live with that, thanks to this forum I'm now sorted I hope, thanks guys
nickburt
European Wanderer

« Reply #49 on: 10 December, 2015, 21:57:15 PM »

Turns out it was my crank sensor, discerneted it an it runs fine😀 No Rev counter tho I can live with that, thanks to this forum I'm now sorted I hope, thanks guys

Crank sensor will sort the poor running, but don't run for long without it, fuel pump control/timing adjustments won't be right.
Rev counter rnot working is something else, it's electrical signal comes from the fuel pump.  But might be associated to the crank position sensor.  Whole knows exactly what goes on in the ECUs.....

douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #50 on: 11 December, 2015, 02:37:50 AM »

maybe it will maybe it wont
it will.it just does stay open  Grin or you would be pouring out black when it closes

the fact it might disrupt airflow is a conversation worth having...

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #51 on: 11 December, 2015, 10:03:12 AM »

yep there is a sensor in the side of the fuel pump that send signal to the ecu for the rev counter I need to check mine but need at do dah escope

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: