Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum†† KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
25 June, 2017, 21:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
159430 Posts in 18030 Topics by 11127 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Can any L200 Owners Club member who moves house or changes their Email address make sure they let us know - so we can keep our records up-to-date
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  Evening all!!!! New member with truck full of issues, not why I signed up though
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evening all!!!! New member with truck full of issues, not why I signed up though  (Read 3352 times)
adzvdub
Owners Club member

I hate my truck so much I've grown to love it!!!!

« on: 09 December, 2015, 22:33:40 PM »

Evening ladies and gents!
Personally, the membership fee was worth it just for my shiny new mug and keyring!!  Cheesy
Signed up not really for my problematic truck, but to meet new people who understand my frustration! This being despite being told by so many people to steer clear of an L200 I went ahead and done it anyway.... And not really had it on the road since I got it home! Ha ha. I live in the Wiltshire area (Malmesbury to be exact) and look forward to some meets in the future. I'm make mechanic by trade so am willing to help people out if stuck..... Am also an Mot tester and have been known to be " lenient" shall we say. So again, willing to help locals out.
Anyway, speech over. Just wanted to say hello to all.
I'm off to troll through these pages and see if I can find some help with my over fuelling and starting problems!!!

Look forward to meeting like minded mitsubishiers!!
Cheers all

Adam.   

Black over silver animal twin cab
2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
31.10/50 15 maxxis trepadors
15" shogun wheels on 30mm spacers.
Egr delete
De-cat.
And of course, air horn hidden behind grill
nickburt
European Wanderer
Global Moderator & Charity Fundraiser

Where will the Pheonix take us next?

« Reply #1 on: 09 December, 2015, 22:43:26 PM »

Hi and welcome. 
Once you've been upgraded to a full member, you'll have access to the whole of the forum and hopefully answers to your problems.

Black 2004 Warrior. Gallery

Entry No ?? in the 2017 Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
To sponsor Team L200: Donate to Macmillan TBA
adzvdub
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 09 December, 2015, 22:47:10 PM »

Hi and welcome. 
Once you've been upgraded to a full member, you'll have access to the whole of the forum and hopefully answers to your problems.

Evening mate. Ok cool, thanks for the reply! How do I become a full member? Isn't that what I paid £17 for?

2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
Egr delete
De-cat.
nickburt
European Wanderer
Global Moderator & Charity Fundraiser

Where will the Pheonix take us next?

« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2015, 23:14:51 PM »

Hi and welcome. 

Evening mate. Ok cool, thanks for the reply! How do I become a full member? Isn't that what I paid £17 for?

Yes, it is, but for some reason you haven't been up graded yet.  I've sent a message to look into it.  When you sent your membership form in, did you make clear your forum registered name?  Sometimes takes a while to get registered properly due to Chris' strange work and shift patterns.

Black 2004 Warrior. Gallery

Entry No ?? in the 2017 Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
To sponsor Team L200: Donate to Macmillan TBA
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 09 December, 2015, 23:15:38 PM »

hi adam welcome to the forum what truck u running mate

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Steve Dublin
Shinny does Muddie.
Administrator

2015 Series 5

« Reply #5 on: 10 December, 2015, 07:18:02 AM »

Hi and welcome.  

Sorted no record of user name when the membership went through.
« Last Edit: 10 December, 2015, 15:33:07 PM by Steve Dublin » Logged

Forum Admin
Yup red buttonman

2016 Series 5
Tailgate lock, Spare Wheel Lock, BFG 265 70 17 ATís, Wind Deflectors,Canopy, Bedrug,Towbar,Bonnet Guard,Outback Storage Unit.Rear Power Point,Rear DVD players .Subwoofer. Full LED conversion including headlights fogs,and side lights

Our Temple Street donation page is >>> here <<<
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #6 on: 10 December, 2015, 15:31:33 PM »

welcome,post what truck you have..

overfuelling??? thats new hahaha

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
adzvdub
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 10 December, 2015, 23:53:08 PM »

Hey all! Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I run a silver and black 54 plate animal pickup.
Right then.... Issues in short are...... Turbo over boost,  doesn't like starting when warm,  and smoking from exhaust!  I say over fuelling as it's the horrible  diesel fumes you get that makes your eyes water.  I've just replaced tank stack pipes and replaced metal fuel pipes for rubber so no air getting in there! I think next it will be the filter primer? Failing this how often do injectors "dribble" or leak back?  The lack of power I can cope with for now but the poor starting, smoke and rubbish mpg is killing me!
However...... To cheer me up I've ordered a 2" lift kit, snorkel, spotlights for my roll bar and fitted my head unit in! So if nothing else it will look good on the drive!  Wink

Any help would be much appreciated..... Free mot's for life for the person who gets to bottom of it?!

2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
Egr delete
De-cat.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #8 on: 11 December, 2015, 02:29:51 AM »

turbo overboost is a screw on the turbo,

does it run lumpy, does it smoke once warm, what colour smoke and at what revs, is it constant or just sometimes?

most likely to be timing, not overfuelling, these dont over fuel,

check resistance on the glow plugs, these engines wont start without them

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 11 December, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »

could be leaking injectors take them out and check them for any build up u never know replace the seals on them see if that cures ur hot start problems

2005 4 Life
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
adzvdub
Owners Club member

« Reply #10 on: 11 December, 2015, 21:49:56 PM »

It always starts when cold.... But runs lumpy until warm? But once warm runs sweet..... But does emit light blueish smoke all the time. It's never boosted from the day i brought it home, actuator is moving and have checked all vac pipes. I agree my next plan of attack is check my timing and stick a new set of injectors in! I only really work on diesel vw's so was happy to see millners sell 4 genuine new injectors for £200 a set with new washers..... It's £1000s on VAG vehicles!! It always warms up to half way nice and quickly and never geta any hotter so think the head is ok. Have removed egr and just looking this weekend at removing cooler as not needed?

2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
Egr delete
De-cat.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #11 on: 14 December, 2015, 17:05:55 PM »

take cooler off,

and yes these engines are very basic and parts are cheap as chips

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #12 on: 14 December, 2015, 20:56:38 PM »

i would pull ur injectors before buying new ones

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
adzvdub
Owners Club member

« Reply #13 on: 14 December, 2015, 23:40:26 PM »

Cooler removed. Waiting for Xmas so I can pull timing covers off and check timing. What will I gain from pulling injectors? Are the nozzles cleanable once out?

2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
Egr delete
De-cat.
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #14 on: 15 December, 2015, 08:17:37 AM »

a nozzle might be blocked up better to rule that out replace the washers on them too

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
adzvdub
Owners Club member

« Reply #15 on: 15 December, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »

Is it a case of un screw them from the head, inspect and clean as necessary? Fine wire brush and rake cleaner or too harsh? Really appreciate all the help so far, thanks gents. 

2" body lift
Snorkel
Tailgate net
Egr delete
De-cat.
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #16 on: 15 December, 2015, 12:09:24 PM »

yes mate if any have been leaking you may have a build up of rubbish

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #17 on: 15 December, 2015, 16:10:26 PM »

injectors themselves, very simple about 5 parts, just remember how they go backtogether

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: