Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum   KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
18 December, 2017, 07:11:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
160356 Posts in 18256 Topics by 11345 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Can any L200 Owners Club member who moves house or changes their Email address make sure they let us know - so we can keep our records up-to-date
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  Loss of oil
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loss of oil  (Read 1498 times)
milky11

« on: 17 December, 2015, 11:47:34 AM »

Hi every body,

Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with oil loss from the oil filter? I have a L200 4 Work with 23k miles on the clock. Bought it new 14 months ago. Had the 12,500 service done at my local non franchise garage who has serviced all my previous vehicles & who I trust.This week with 23k on the clock after a very short journey reversed into my drive and noticed a trail of oil, looked underneath my van and even more oil. There is a garage 400 yards away so drove straight there. The garage replaced the oil & oil filter & thankfully every thing is OK, the oil filter wasn't lose. I have spoken to my non franchise garage who has come across this problem before, not on a L200 as he doesn't service any apart from mine.
He says it's not a faulty oil filter but some valve in the engine that causes the filter to expand a blow the seal as its not working properly, can't remember the name. Obviously I don't want this to happen again. Has there been a recall that I have missed, is there a problem with this engine? Any information would be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »

not heard of this before.  was it the PCV by ant chance?

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
milky11

« Reply #2 on: 17 December, 2015, 16:14:53 PM »

Hi every body,

Wondering if anyone else has had a problem with oil loss from the oil filter? I have a L200 4 Work with 23k miles on the clock. Bought it new 14 months ago. Had the 12,500 service done at my local non franchise garage who has serviced all my previous vehicles & who I trust.This week with 23k on the clock after a very short journey reversed into my drive and noticed a trail of oil, looked underneath my van and even more oil. There is a garage 400 yards away so drove straight there. The garage replaced the oil & oil filter & thankfully every thing is OK, the oil filter wasn't lose. I have spoken to my non franchise garage who has come across this problem before, not on a L200 as he doesn't service any apart from mine.
He says it's not a faulty oil filter but some valve in the engine that causes the filter to expand a blow the seal as its not working properly, can't remember the name. Obviously I don't want this to happen again. Has there been a recall that I have missed, is there a problem with this engine? Any information would be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks.

Yes it was the presure control valve. Thanks 123hotchef.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: