Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum   KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24 November, 2017, 00:01:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
160243 Posts in 18222 Topics by 11316 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Members of Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club get access to more areas of the forum e.g. Owners Club Discounts, Owners Club Events, Dealerships and Servicing-DIY & Main Dealer, Not Quite Right.., Polls, Insurance, Wanted, For Sale, Accessories, Technical.
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Coolant leak
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coolant leak  (Read 1819 times)
maully
Owners Club member

« on: 30 December, 2015, 16:50:32 PM »

Hi all I've got a 03 plate warrior 2.5 td. I had a mysterious leak at lunch time today after short visit to the shop 5 miles round trip left ticking over after for about minute or two. turned it off and sat eating lunch and about 3/4  minutes after, my work mates told me my truck was leaking and it dropped all the engine coolant. Had the RAC out to try figure it out as we couldn't work out where it had leaked from. The RAC filled it up left running no leak. Followed me to my hotel 20 mile away to get up to running temp stayed half way up on temp gauge whole way back no loss of water anywhere, any help would be much appreciated long shot I know but maybe someone had something similar.

Cheers alex
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 30 December, 2015, 18:47:20 PM »

check the back of the block mate had a hose split there 

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
maully
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 30 December, 2015, 19:14:16 PM »

Cheers will have another look! Just odd that on a longer drive I've had no loss of water?
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 30 December, 2015, 19:32:43 PM »

maybe the therostat opens and lets the water move freely around and when it is cold it does not

2005 4 Life
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
maully
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 30 December, 2015, 19:37:29 PM »

OK well either way will get the pipe changed  will milners suply this if I give them a ring with part numbers? Hopefully can do the drive home tomorrow if keep my eyes peeled on the tempo gauge and top up regular

Cheers for help will let you know how things develop

Alex
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #5 on: 30 December, 2015, 20:04:55 PM »

get under the truck whilst it is cold and ticking over see if u can spot the leak u will need a torch and bash plates off  park with 2 wheels on the curb u can get uder it easy

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: