Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
21 August, 2017, 01:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
159898 Posts in 18137 Topics by 11198 Members
www.L200.org.uk
The L200 Owners Club joining fee is a one-off 15. Paypal is available (Send funds to chris@L200.org.uk).
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Local assistance Oxfordshire and surrounding - Clutch replace - 56 Animal
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Local assistance Oxfordshire and surrounding - Clutch replace - 56 Animal  (Read 1869 times)
jimmythesaint
Owners Club member

« on: 06 January, 2016, 08:33:57 AM »

Good Morning all

My postings have been spurious over the years and as like most start to feverishly post and enquire when things aren't quite right.

My clutch is on it's last legs and I am worried something more serious may result if I don't do something asap. She is our only vehicle and with school runs and commutes without it is going to prove a little disastrous.

I can get the clutch from Milners but I am getting quotes of 600+ to fit and we just can't afford that.  Cry Cry

I have little to no mechanical experience, very good at breaking things, not so at fixing them. When I registered I was discussing with one or two members meeting and looking over our trucks and wonder if anyone is willing and able to assist for some .

Many many thanks in advance and for any further information helping me get this resolved.

Cheers guys, hope to chat soon.....

Jimmy

2006 Animal Double Cab New Shape Manual {Power loss issues n black exhaust escape smoke!}
Some spurious no make canopy costing me blood sweat and pound notes to get right
16' Black steels with GG AT2s
Husky & Scooter Rig
jimmythesaint
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2016, 10:45:25 AM »

**UPDATE** The clutch has gone, no movey, lots of smelly.....gutted  Cry Cry

2006 Animal Double Cab New Shape Manual {Power loss issues n black exhaust escape smoke!}
Some spurious no make canopy costing me blood sweat and pound notes to get right
Husky & Scooter Rig
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2016, 13:55:01 PM »

**UPDATE** The clutch has gone, no movey, lots of smelly.....gutted  Cry Cry

think you cut it a bit tight!! few hours, how did you know??

where exactly are you? if nobody else can help you I can give it a go, done clutches are g-boxes but only on classics not new shapes, but im told its not all THAT different,

clutch should be around 200 to change at a garage..

have you got the new clutch?

can recover you if your not a million miles away, im in hertfordshire, near watfordish

good luck

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox
No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley

04 4work club cab (most reliable L200 ever)
04 warrior (least reliable L200 ever)
jimmythesaint
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2016, 15:04:37 PM »

Mate many thanks for your reply, the story goes my partner drives it more than myself as of late, illness, family stuff, both lost jobs just before Crimbo blah blah. Seemingly it's been slipping for sometime!!! Last night she returned and said it wasn't well and would give the revs etc {slipping badly} Too afraid to look or start her myself, I called and got the shocking quote, I went out this morning to make an attempt to get her onto 2 small ramps I have to get a better look underneath, I was thinking of attempting the How To, centre consul is all out but removing prop shafts draining fluids, you got me, she wouldn't move and I didn't want to try anymore.

I could barely scrape the cost of clutch from Milners currently, my partner is due to start a new job next week and I was due some meetings to attempt to find work also. I got no more money until next Friday which is only a smudge until she is paid end of month.

So up until the update I thought I could have limped her somewhere. Now I am falling short of asking the local garage to complete the work and hold V5 spare keys and my DL until we can clear the bill end of the month.

To be fair with everything that has gone on this is the icing......

Again thanks for your response

Husky & Scooter Rig
Mad4Life
Owners Club member

++SE Regional Rep++Always here to help++

« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2016, 17:54:55 PM »

Pm sent ;-)

''Engineering is about finding answers to problems that don't create further problems''
----Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration---
Macmillan Cancer Support (http://www.justgiving.com/Mark-BarnesL200)
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2016, 18:34:20 PM »

okay well if you want my help just ask, unless mark has sent you a secret offer..

02 4life red/silver, T-bar's,  3" bodylift,  31" MT's,  LED headlights, under bonnet & interior light mods,   K&N,   Fuel timing advance,  Reduced boost,   free wheeling hubs, triple Air horns, "cruise control",  DECAT, custom towbar, under sealed, EGR, stiff fan, boost & water gauges, CB, lockbox

jimmythesaint
Owners Club member

« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2016, 19:16:45 PM »

okay well if you want my help just ask, unless mark has sent you a secret offer..

Mate your help would be sterling, I am an honest man and you will be repaid well for the assistance. Sadly Mark was unable to help this time, we spoke a few years back when I first signed up....

I'll drop you a message...Thanks again

Husky & Scooter Rig
pipfit
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2016, 20:09:30 PM »

Happy New Year  you are one of the best. Still got green light
Pipfit

2002 WARRIOR
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2016, 23:27:51 PM »

Happy New Year  you are one of the best. Still got green light
Pipfit

keep reminding me! I keep forgetting to do that   Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

have you fixed your exhaust leak yet Tongue

pipfit
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 07 January, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »

Exhaust was fixed same weekend as we came to yours
Have found another side rail for you
Pipfit

2002 WARRIOR
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: