Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 August, 2017, 20:27:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
159880 Posts in 18132 Topics by 11195 Members
www.L200.org.uk
L200 Owners Club Members, please make sure we know your Forum/User name - This will allow us to grant you full access to  this forum
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
4x4 Accessories & Tyres - L200  Forum sponsor L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  fuel pump/chugging problems 2007 new shape
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: fuel pump/chugging problems 2007 new shape  (Read 194 times)
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« on: 05 August, 2017, 19:35:32 PM »

Hi, I am having a few fuel pump problems on my 2007 new shape. The hand pump is losing pressure and I am getting some chugging when driving. The bleed screw appears to be well sealed and there is no air/diesel leaking when I pump it. Likewise, the pipes appear to be well sealed with no fuel leaks. If I press the hand pump a few times it gets to a decent pressure but when I start the engine and run a few miles I lose it. Is this a common problem? What could be causing it? Is there a straightforward fix that I am missing? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Sean

L200 4life - 06 -2007 New Shape. Used daily and for camping trips. No fancy bits (apart from me).
2004 Classic shape Warrior
Ormskirk, Lancs
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 11 August, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »

Ok, tumbleweed....... I suppose the better question is, once I have fitted the new filter, what is the best way to ensure all of the air is out of the system so the hand plunger is solid and stays that way?

L200 4life - 06 -2007 New Shape. Used daily and for camping trips. No fancy bits (apart from me).
Ormskirk, Lancs
bootsie
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 11 August, 2017, 14:10:31 PM »

When you fit new filter on B40 it is best to take filter completely off the wing and change filter on the bench to ensure good seal, simple remove two nuts, disconnect two pipes and disconnect wire to water trap. to bleed air from system , loosen the bleed screw at side of filter, pump by hand until no air bubbles come out of bleed screw. when clear diesel only hold plunger down and tighten bleed screw

5/06 new shape warrior from new 60k, leather interior, air con, pegasus canopy, plastic sliding bed,towbar,Avenger A bar, camera,sensors,cruise control and few bits of bling.daily use as car that carries everything. including building supplies and bike trailer.
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 11 August, 2017, 15:28:09 PM »

Thanks Bootsie.... had a bit of time to investigate it today and I have diesel leaking from the seal on the white plastic part which screws into the bottom of the filter. It looks like the part itself has become worn and damaged over the years so it probably needs replacing. I will fit a new O ring for now but do you know what the part is called for when I order a new one? It screws into the bottom of the filter and the wires run out of it.

Ormskirk, Lancs
Heathen
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 11 August, 2017, 16:08:45 PM »

It's a water sensor/drain

02' Single cab (green). 105000 miles
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2017, 18:28:59 PM »

Thanks Heathen......

Ormskirk, Lancs
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #6 on: 12 August, 2017, 21:00:49 PM »

Things not going so good.... can I hand pump the fuel through without topping the filter up? When first fitted I have tried to reseal everything but still losing pressure and the truck is misfiring. I have diesel all over the driveway......

Ormskirk, Lancs
Heathen
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 13 August, 2017, 10:15:26 AM »

Vacuum pump should get it ok, so long as there's not too bad a leak.

02' Single cab (green). 105000 miles
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #8 on: 13 August, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »

had the filter off and on again and everything seems to be well sealed however it is still running very badly. It is misfiring/chugging especially at low speeds. It must be a fuel problem but I just can't work out what....

Ormskirk, Lancs
PAW5S
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 14 August, 2017, 17:35:52 PM »

If your EGR is partially stuck open it will gutless at low rpm. Make a temporary EGR blank plate and see if the problem goes away. Do a search on SCV (Suction Control Valve) and see if those symptoms are similar too.

2011 Warrior now gone and replaced with Panzerwagen T6 4Motion
1966 Land Rover Series II
seannofrills
Owners Club member

« Reply #10 on: 15 August, 2017, 21:03:15 PM »

Yes, could be the problem.... I am waiting on delivery of a new filter and I will try that first before I move on to anything else. I remember thinking something wasn't quite right when I put the last one on a couple of months ago (it made a cracking type noise as I tightened it... can they be over-tightened??). Truck has been sat on the drive for the last two days and I have been on my push bike to work..... 19 miles each way  Cry Cry Cry So I will be glad to get it back on the road again. I made the mistake of buying a Bosch filter from Halfords on Sunday because they guaranteed it would be in store by Monday. When I went to fit it last night the thread was knackered and I had to abandon the job and order another from Milners. Should be with me tomorrow night

Ormskirk, Lancs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: