Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum   KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
24 September, 2018, 07:19:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
161687 Posts in 18555 Topics by 11689 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Members of Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club get access to more areas of the forum e.g. Owners Club Discounts, Owners Club Events, Dealerships and Servicing-DIY & Main Dealer, Not Quite Right.., Polls, Insurance, Wanted, For Sale, Accessories, Technical.
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Newbie/Hello messages
| | |-+  L200 animal 05 plate, power problem.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: L200 animal 05 plate, power problem.  (Read 649 times)
dredger
Owners Club member

« on: 20 April, 2018, 13:18:30 PM »

Afternoon folk.

Been running into a few problems with my L200 over the last couple of months.
Oil dipstick tube snapped off the snapped off lower part was seized and the sump had to be taken off to get at it.
Had to replace the fuel tank which i believe is a common problem.
Now though there is something else wrong as i give it throttle through each of the gears it only takes about half throttle then seems to choke as if it's not getting enough fuel.
I put it into the garage and they replaced the fuel filter but it's still the same.
Their recommendation is to put it into Mitsubishi and have them look at it as they don't know what it is.
They have said it could be the ECU or the injector but i have no clue.
Anyone had anything similar happen?

Dredger

dredger
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »

Just a quick update in case anyone is interested.

The truck sat for a few weeks because i couldn't get it booked into Mitsubishi, so i decided to give it a drive around the block to make sure it would start the day before taking it to them.
The truck ran fine with no apparent problems. I still put it into the garage but they couldn't detect any problems.
So i'm none the wiser and a few quid out of pocket and i now don't trust the truck the same as i used to.
danby
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2018, 18:48:47 PM »

I see that you changed the fuel tank. Did you do it, was it the tank leaking, did you fit new or second hand tank, any problems, what else did your renew, where did you get new tank from,  and any other questions I can think of. Mine is on the to do list.

2004 54 double cab 4life blue/silver. Sometimes dirty, usually very dirty.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2018, 19:18:43 PM »

it could have been air in fuel straight after the filter change, some rubbish in the lines, or a bad sensor, probably have to just drive it till it comes back as a problem

PS, you should never trust an old 4x4, particularly one thats an LCV.

03 4work, Cummins 6BTA 5.9L engine, 37" round things, and all the accompanying hassle involved.

No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley
024life
04warrior
04 4work
jimmy
Regional Reps

Lancashire based

« Reply #4 on: 19 May, 2018, 12:33:15 PM »

Your problem could of been down to one of many things air in fuel system a sender or a sencer playing up even a bit of dirt somewere it all adds to the fun

l2004life 2002  ecoflow 161542k and climbing asifer skid plates 2" suspension lift extended shackles 1 1/2" body lift  runing on special tracks lots of lights shogun v6 front axle with arb locker  37 mm wheel spacers 295/75/16 hankook R T 03 dinapro mts Elete winch bumper with13000 winch it winch with dinema 60 2nd battery with split charge in the procces of being fitted allong with the conversion of the champion eb12000  to go on the back ome suspension
 lifes for living live it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: