Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 October, 2018, 13:19:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
161770 Posts in 18578 Topics by 11722 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Membership to this site after 1/1/2019 will be FREE.
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  l200 upgrades
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: l200 upgrades  (Read 285 times)
smigg17

« on: 22 September, 2018, 23:44:12 PM »

Hi All  - hope you can help...

We decided to keep our l200 but see if we can upgrade it from the suspension through engine and finally we will re paint it. However, I am not sure what upgrades are available for the engine - not looking to go crazy but if there is something worth doing i want to get it done. I have not moved it at all and i will have to get someone to do it all - so scratching my head on where to start. Its a l200 (2005) double cab black animal.

Any advice on any area would be marvellous.

Thanks all
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2018, 20:00:58 PM »

where u from and what would u like to achieve

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
danby
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 24 September, 2018, 08:01:09 AM »

Best advice may be to think first. Whatever you do, or worse still get somebody to do, you will still have a 14 year old machine. It will have consumed money and be none-standard. You will not increase its value and not get your money back. This is the sort of thing you do as a hobby project, and you do it because of the entertainment you get from actually doing the work.
That's my opinion.

2004 54 double cab 4life blue/silver. Sometimes dirty, usually very dirty.
smigg17

« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2018, 22:32:27 PM »

Thanks guys -  I am based in northants ....  as you say its old - but I am not looking to make money to sell - but to keep spend some money on it and have a usable and good looking truck.

It had a engine replacement at 60 K and its got 90 k on the clock .. and it puffs an wheezes but I have had it for " 2 years and it starts every-time ..  as you say a labour of love - but i will probably have to have someone do it as i am not that good or have that much time...

Does not not sound  like there are any  immediate upgrades - i had a Landrover 90 previous and that had lots ....

Thanks anyway

douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #4 on: 27 September, 2018, 23:30:13 PM »

theres plenty you can do, some good reliability fixes and other bits and bobs, message me if interested

03 4work, Cummins 6BTA 5.9L engine, 37" round things, and all the accompanying hassle involved.

No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley
024life
04warrior
04 4work
smigg17

« Reply #5 on: 11 October, 2018, 22:03:31 PM »

Hi yes would be very interested just been away for work....

I also wanted to know if there is a rear cab sliding window that could be fitted ?  will be putting on a canopy at the back and the dog will go in their - but want to see if i can get a window in the rear of the cab ? 

Any thoughts on mods would be appreciated

Thanks

douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2018, 22:55:25 PM »

Hi yes would be very interested just been away for work....

I also wanted to know if there is a rear cab sliding window that could be fitted ?  will be putting on a canopy at the back and the dog will go in their - but want to see if i can get a window in the rear of the cab ? 

Any thoughts on mods would be appreciated

Thanks

no bolt on solution for the rear cab although i have seen it done

03 4work, Cummins 6BTA 5.9L engine, 37" round things, and all the accompanying hassle involved.

024life
04warrior
04 4work
smigg17

« Reply #7 on: 15 October, 2018, 13:47:44 PM »

Thanks...

any one encountered..... when selecting 5th gear has a little trouble locating the gear - stick semi to wonder slightly to the right a little too much - get a little crunch and then it goes in .... drives fine once in. Any ideas i know i had a car years ago which had a synchro issue but not sure if the animal 2005 double cab had one ? hopefully not a gear box replacement ...

Thanks
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #8 on: 15 October, 2018, 18:24:57 PM »

there is no common problem, gearboxes are only 200

024life
04warrior
04 4work
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: