Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor L200 Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
14 December, 2018, 08:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
161939 Posts in 18619 Topics by 11772 Members
www.L200.org.uk
The L200 Owners Club joining fee is currently a one-off 15. Paypal is available (Send funds to chris@L200.org.uk).
After 1/1/2019 it will be FREE
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  BF Goodrich Mud Terrain - Sizing?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BF Goodrich Mud Terrain - Sizing?  (Read 369 times)
Arbor
Owners Club member

« on: 08 October, 2018, 22:34:48 PM »

Hi all,

Just purchased a 2002 K74.

I'm looking at using it locally for work (tree surgery)  - less than 10 miles from base. Some on road going from job to job, but need it to perform when pulling trailer and 3.5T loaded wagon in and out of muddy / slippery fields.

Thinking BF Goodrich Mud Terrain? Have heard fantastic things about the All Terrain but thinking the Mud Terrain may be more suitable for me?

Sizing - thinking I want wide to sit on top and have more surface area to grip? My rims are 17" diameter. Tyres on at the moment are Runway Enduro HT 265/70 R16

Does that give enough info to tell me what the largest width tyre I can order is - would prefer not to alter the height of the tyre..

Thanks.
Supersnail
Owners Club member

Im always in the poo its only the depth that varie

« Reply #1 on: 09 October, 2018, 08:50:13 AM »

I have used a/ts for over ten years living in France they dont get a lot of mud but as I work in the vines here on very steep rugged terrain I can say they have taken everything I have thrown at them. They are also quiet on the road which is a bonus as I used  pull the caravan long distances with the truck.If you are doing mostly off road in deep mud etc the mud terrains are probably better but if you are doing mixed work, like me, go for the a/ts. Hope this helps. Dont forget that a wider tyre will tend to float on hard wet surfaces whereas a thinner one will tend to cut into the grass more grip,look at old land rovers. Cant help on tyre sizes but someone will be along that can.

2001 Black\Grey double cab.K&N air filter
Arbor
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 09 October, 2018, 18:40:11 PM »

Hi, Thanks.

I was thinking that it would be best to sit on top of the grass for as long as possible, but if I did sink, then I would then be getting that extra grip at that point anyway? That was my thinking, not sure how it matches with the science of tyres but yes, I know what you are pointing out with the old land rovers. Also, it might also be nice to not churn up farmer Giles' field or Mrs miggins lawn tooo much if I can avoid sinking Wink Hmm, you will be referring to just slipping on top of the grass though instead of biting in... yep, interesting. Though if it is hard and wet, with the L200 pulling and the 3.5T trying to drive itself we should be ok. Hopefully :/

Cheers.
douchecalamondaes
Owners Club member

hertfordshire

« Reply #3 on: 14 October, 2018, 22:57:52 PM »

your best bet is some 265 70 16's, or 75's if your feeling brave, BFG muds are a great choice, so are grabber x3's and toyo opencountries,  make sure you have your rear difflock in on muddy stuff, 

03 4work, Cummins 6BTA 5.9L engine, 37" round things, and all the accompanying hassle involved.

No, my rear windows dont go up either Smiley
024life
04warrior
04 4work
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: