Milners Offroad - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
22 March, 2019, 20:02:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
162241 Posts in 18682 Topics by 11835 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Membership to this site is FREE.
Please email or PM me to become a free member
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  K74 Headlights and main beam not working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: K74 Headlights and main beam not working  (Read 936 times)
Davipon

« on: 04 January, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

Have found that headlights and main beam not working on my 97 single cab truck. All findable fuses sound. Has anyone got a wiring diagram for this bit please. Any advice gratefully received.
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 04 January, 2019, 14:47:01 PM »

3 relays on the inner wing check those

2005 4 Life
Blue over Silver Double Cab
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Davipon

« Reply #2 on: 04 January, 2019, 15:58:07 PM »

I know one does the indicators as a mechanic put a different relay in that spot thinking it was for the glow plugs, I realised when I didn't have indicators, he then changed back to original relay.
What should I look for? Cheers
danby
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 04 January, 2019, 16:03:02 PM »

Both main and dip failed at same time? Are you absolutely sure it's not loss of  an earth? No cost to repair if that's what it is. Is there volts to the bulb without using the bulb's earth.

2004 54 double cab 4life blue/silver. Sometimes dirty, usually very dirty.
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2019, 23:10:58 PM »

I know one does the indicators as a mechanic put a different relay in that spot thinking it was for the glow plugs, I realised when I didn't have indicators, he then changed back to original relay.
What should I look for? Cheers

a new mechanic by the sound of it!  where you from

2005 4 Life
K&N Apollo EGR removed S/S De-Cat Armadillo Roller Shutter Boost gauge Wax-oiled and under-sealed Interior blue LED's Roll bars
2 Led spots 2 search lights 4 work lights with red angle eyes 7" screen for trailer cams Stereo with flip down screen

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Davipon

« Reply #5 on: 05 January, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »

Ha, old boy who is good generally but without electric diagram it's a little awkward. Am in Benfleet Essex.
Davipon

« Reply #6 on: 05 January, 2019, 13:07:47 PM »

Both main and dip failed at same time? Are you absolutely sure it's not loss of  an earth? No cost to repair if that's what it is. Is there volts to the bulb without using the bulb's earth.
Both failed at same time, I did pull fuse box out to check wiring then realised I was out of depth. Will check if voltage to bulb via chassis.
Freeway
Owners Club member

« Reply #7 on: 05 January, 2019, 16:02:45 PM »

how you getting on with ya lights now?

2004 Animal Red/silver,Stainless roll bar,bull bar,rear step bars,EGR and cooler removed, Black leather,Boost gauge and vacuum gauge fitted,fully chromed door handles in and out and loads more. Now Decat
Davipon

« Reply #8 on: 05 January, 2019, 17:03:06 PM »

Not had a chance to look today, will look in the morning as I'm home. Cheers
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #9 on: 05 January, 2019, 17:44:06 PM »

3 relays on inner wing as i said already mate behind the battery area.
Ah I know benfleet I am from Corringham!

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Davipon

« Reply #10 on: 05 January, 2019, 18:03:19 PM »

3 relays on inner wing as i said already mate behind the battery area.
Ah I know benfleet I am from Corringham!

I know the location but not what each does or how to check them, the one that controls the indicators was the only one supposedly played with, will get a pic in the morning.
I know Corringham!  Grin
Freeway
Owners Club member

« Reply #11 on: 05 January, 2019, 21:05:51 PM »

I Know Benfleet too , im in Maldon

2004 Animal Red/silver,Stainless roll bar,bull bar,rear step bars,EGR and cooler removed, Black leather,Boost gauge and vacuum gauge fitted,fully chromed door handles in and out and loads more. Now Decat
Davipon

« Reply #12 on: 06 January, 2019, 10:14:58 AM »

I Know Benfleet too , im in Maldon
We go to Maldon regularly, especially Heybridge basin.
Davipon

« Reply #13 on: 06 January, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »

Engine off, ignition on, stalk turned to headlights, I have power to both sides of connector, not to centre connector. With ignition off, headlights on I have power to centre of connector.
Trying to post pics, not sure how though! Huh
123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #14 on: 06 January, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

swap the relays around they are all the same they just throw the power for different light settings

I know maldon too I use to swim there lots in the pools that fill with sea water

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Davipon

« Reply #15 on: 06 January, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »

swap the relays around they are all the same they just throw the power for different light settings

I know maldon too I use to swim there lots in the pools that fill with sea water
Davipon

« Reply #16 on: 06 January, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »

Sorry posted instead of previewing, pic of fuse box and relays
Davipon

« Reply #17 on: 06 January, 2019, 17:17:24 PM »

Not done that but been out on Thames barges a couple of times.
From pic, which relays to swap about? The one hanging out was supposedly marked before being changed then replaced as was. This was the set up I believe before.
Cheers, David
Freeway
Owners Club member

« Reply #18 on: 06 January, 2019, 18:10:52 PM »

The salt water swimming pool is now a duck lake. The council changed it years ago after a man died there. The basin is very nice too. And a good breakfast in the waterfront cafe.

123hotchef
Owners Club member

« Reply #19 on: 06 January, 2019, 20:22:28 PM »

i see no pic there are 3 relays on the wing all the same just swap the plugs on them around

2005 4 Life

To go on
Stainless steel exhaust
Davipon

« Reply #20 on: 06 January, 2019, 20:31:39 PM »

i see no pic there are 3 relays on the wing all the same just swap the plugs on them around
Oh, no pic at all or wrong ones?
Davipon

« Reply #21 on: 07 January, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »

Ok. I can only see pics on my laptop, must need a hosting site then, that makes it awkward to explain. I have 3 slightly larger relays on inner wing, 1 is rigged via the top left "Room plafon" fuse and middle right IOD Alimentation position. The others are all in fitted position in fuse box. In lower 2 right positions are starter and alternator. 3 smaller from lower left are tail lamp, headlamp, ic vent. As far as I'm aware it was just the out of position rigged relay that was played with. Hope this makes sense.
Davipon

« Reply #22 on: 07 January, 2019, 15:47:38 PM »

Ok. I can only see pics on my laptop, must need a hosting site then, that makes it awkward to explain. I have 3 slightly larger relays on inner wing, 1 is rigged via the top left "Room plafon" fuse and middle right IOD Alimentation position. The others are all in fitted position in fuse box. In lower 2 right positions are starter and alternator. 3 smaller from lower left are tail lamp, headlamp, ic vent. As far as I'm aware it was just the out of position rigged relay that was played with. Hope this makes sense.
Update on wiring, the rigged relay goes down the side of IOD relay to an earth next to glow plug relay and a live feed under fusebox slightly to left. Tried to change connections and now lost indicators. Bit of a pigs ear really.
Davipon

« Reply #23 on: 02 March, 2019, 16:37:06 PM »

Earth on stalk switch had burned out apparently, replacement switch sourced and due to be fitted Monday. Will update after, cheers for comments.
elvisjohn
Owners Club member

you aint nothin but a hound dog ..,CHESTER CH4

« Reply #24 on: 14 March, 2019, 21:17:46 PM »

hi , hope one of you guys can help , i had a short on front sidelights which melted the outer plastic coating , i managed to seperate them and tape up , lights all working but the battery light and fuel filter light are on dash , ive had the altenator bench tested and been told its charging ok , i changed all fuses and relays on inner wing and drivers fooywell , the truck is a l200 classic k74 , really hope someone can help , cheers

l200 red n silver , 22 inch dare hummer alloys , hummer roof sidelights , chrome a bar , rear roll bar , chrome airhorns, galaxy dx 95 ssb cb radio , elvis number plate , mirror window film , twin straght thru exhaust stacks, spot lights , triple train horns on roof , 3 gal air tank & comp , very loud !
elvisjohn
Owners Club member

you aint nothin but a hound dog ..,CHESTER CH4

« Reply #25 on: 14 March, 2019, 21:22:46 PM »

forgot to say that the short ended up melting the wires on the stalk which i replaced and works fine , cheers

l200 red n silver , 22 inch dare hummer alloys , hummer roof sidelights , chrome a bar , rear roll bar , chrome airhorns, galaxy dx 95 ssb cb radio , elvis number plate , mirror window film , twin straght thru exhaust stacks, spot lights , triple train horns on roof , 3 gal air tank & comp , very loud !
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: