KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
15 June, 2021, 18:54:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
155944 Posts in 18335 Topics by 12181 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Full site access is now FREE - Owners Club cards are required for discounts with our sponsors.

Owners Club card £2
Owners Club card & keyring £3
Owners Club card, keyring & mug £5
Thermal mug costs on request.

No record of membership will  be recorded
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Milner exhaust fitting kit - gaskets.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Milner exhaust fitting kit - gaskets.  (Read 1338 times)
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« on: 25 October, 2020, 19:48:05 PM »

I ordered a full stainless exhaust system for my 2005 classic double cab k74 from Milners, which came with a fitting/mounting kit.

https://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-l200-pickup-2.5-diesel-from-1996-to-2007-k74/product/exhaust-mounting-kits-exft-ex/exhaust-fitting-gasket-and-hanger-kit-ex0005fk/EX0005FK

You will notice that the system is imaged as containing conventional exhaust gaskets.

But the fitting kit contains orange coloured plastic gaskets, I suspect they are polyurethane. the same colour as some of the exhaust mounts in the kit.

To confirm my suspicions, i tested them with a fag lighter - they light up and burn like a candle, black smoke, nasty smell and drip melted plastic.

What is the point in exhaust gaskets that burn and melt? Milner's haven't answered that question yet, but they did send me three proper gaskets after i complained!

Not happy about this - plastic gaskets on a exhaust system? So tested them with a fag lighter - they light easily like a candle and burn with black smoke and melt dripping melted plastic etc.
« Last Edit: 25 October, 2020, 22:35:43 PM by barnstormer » Logged

I'm not over the hill. I'm still trying to get up it!
Supersnail
Owners Club member

Im always in the poo its only the depth that varie

« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2020, 21:09:22 PM »

Sounds like somebody at Milners made a mistake not like them to not apologise. At least they sent the correct ones.

2001 Black\Grey double cab.K&N air filter
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #2 on: 13 November, 2020, 16:26:58 PM »

Sounds like somebody at Milners made a mistake not like them to not apologise. At least they sent the correct ones.

I notice the picture I posted has been taken down - someone at milners doesn't like the truth perhaps?

They did send the correct gaskets after an exchange of emails. I sourced some additional spare gaskets from www.auto-doc.fr in case they messed me about.

Good quality, made in Poland, delivered from Autodoc the german parent company in Berlin and a third of the price of Milner's proper gaskets.

In case importing stuff from the UK becomes a problem after brexit I have been looking for spare parts suppliers in europe, like you I'm in france and we both know how awkward the french authorities can be if they put their mind to it.

Supersnail
Owners Club member

Im always in the poo its only the depth that varie

« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2020, 22:04:19 PM »

A good source of second hand parts is modul auto in st cyr near annonay in the Ardeche, they are a bit expensive by our standards but then car parts are dear here. Look at www.moduleauto.com. They break all kinds of 4x4s, I bought a starter from them last year with a years guarantee for 130 Euros to give you an idea. Hope this is of help to you.

2001 Black\Grey double cab.K&N air filter
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 14 November, 2020, 06:33:27 AM »

That'll be https://www.modulauto.com without the "e" - thanks for that link =  my old clunker doesn't have a lot of miles on it so hopefully won't need major parts yet.
It's a second utility vehicle for doing the rough jobs like fetching firewood, kerosene, gas cylinders, going down the dechetterie and the brico with the big trailer for sheets of ply etc. As we are out in the wilds here if we haven't got a viable vehicle we can't get out to buy food and fuel etc.
The next biggish job is the exhaust which the picky CT inspector criticised as "rusty" on the last test - aren't they all?
I do admit that it is looking a bit grim around the entry and exit flanges around the cat -  fitting exhausts is one of my least favourite jobs along with cleaning the fosse filter.
Whereabouts in France are you? We are in 56 between Pontivy and Guemene sur Scorff.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: