KS International - L200 Forum sponsor
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
15 June, 2021, 19:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
155944 Posts in 18335 Topics by 12181 Members
www.L200.org.uk
Full site access is now FREE - Owners Club cards are required for discounts with our sponsors.

Owners Club card £2
Owners Club card & keyring £3
Owners Club card, keyring & mug £5
Thermal mug costs on request.

No record of membership will  be recorded
Home L200 Forum L200 Forum & Club Info Buy Owners Club Merchandise at the L200 Forum L200 Forum Gallery L200 Forum Information page Login Register L200 Forum Links Page L200 Forum email
Looking to join the Mitsubishi L200 Owners Club ? - Joining info here - - - - - - - Want to help our charities ? - Shop at Amazon.co.uk through this link
L200 Owners Club Forum - Facebook Page A-Plan L200 insurance - L200 Forum sponsor
+  L200 Owners Club
|-+  The Forum
| |-+  Public/Initial Posting Area.
| | |-+  Engine rebuild
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Engine rebuild  (Read 1309 times)
smigg17

« on: 06 December, 2020, 16:41:39 PM »

Hello

looking for some advice on someone who can possibly rebuild my l200 (2005) engine. Just had a company full refurb the truck and now its blowing blue smoke once started up and there is smoke coming from the breather hose in the top of the crankcase which seems to be blowing some oil into the air intake going to the turbo. Its stops smoking after driving and the engine heat temp is fine and there is no noticeable issue whilst driving ( no power loss etc). change the engine oil, the filter and have been told could be the turbo. Also did a test on the gases coming from the radiator and the fluid remains blue - supposedly means no failing in the head gasket ?  So i am thinking it must be some sort of failure in the actual engine ( I am not a mechanic - just read lots of stuff..) anyone know a respected re builder in the Northamptonshire area that i could contact ?  ( ps. previous owner had spent of ?3.5K on rebuild only 25,000 miles ago... belie it was a conrod issue)  any advice would be great as to much money into this now to stop!  thanks
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2020, 19:42:35 PM »

The only shop I dare recommend is Ivor Searle at Soham in Cambridgeshire, not too far from you in Northants.
They have the machines, the people with the skills and access to repair parts that we don't have.

https://www.ivorsearle.co.uk/Products-Services/COU

I'm not over the hill. I'm still trying to get up it!
Supersnail
Owners Club member

Im always in the poo its only the depth that varie

« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2020, 21:48:20 PM »

I had a recon engine from engineering services in Rainham; Essex over 100,000 kilometers ago and its stillgoing well except for needing a new head last year. I can recomend them.

2001 Black\Grey double cab.K&N air filter
barnstormer
Owners Club member

« Reply #3 on: 07 December, 2020, 04:28:03 AM »

I think you'll find that they went bust some time ago if it's the same company i'm thinking of -  Engineering Services (Rainham) Ltd

I'm not over the hill. I'm still trying to get up it!
rodeast24
Owners Club member

« Reply #4 on: 07 December, 2020, 20:11:05 PM »

Im with barnstormer on this, I had a Ivor searle unit, but be warned they are not cheap. but you pay for what you get.

Warrior 2004 Silver
Fullbox, decat, egr blanked, powerchip, Mac wheels 285/60/18 coopers.Sport grill, twin headlights. 124K, New engine at 102K.
Landrover 90 and discovery td5, also 1958 series 2.. I do love my landys,
Volvo 850R, nissan 300zx twin turbo, Been ordered by a higher athority no more toys.
smigg17

« Reply #5 on: 08 December, 2020, 23:42:40 PM »

Thanks all...

i supposed there is no way of knowing if it is the turbo before i go down the full engine route ?   would it be advisable to get a used cheap one and get someone to put on and then see - and if so get a full refurbed afterwards.

Also would a dingy turbo cause the smoke coming out of the breather pipe ?  i dared today to take off the EGR pipe and seemed actually clean compared to some of the pics.... not sure how hard it would be to take off the turbo and replace myself - any advice ?

thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: